These are my notes to myself for adjusting the Z Offset for the BLTouch for my Ender 3V2 Printer.
I’m running OctoPrint and Klipper Firmware.
- Let the bed cool to room temperature.
- Get out a sheet of paper.
G90— Switch to absolute position mode.
G1 Z3— Move down to z +3mm.
- Verify that we aren’t about to hit the bed.
- Now, keep moving down (
G1 Z2etc.) until the get to the depth where the paper test passes.
- Set the BLTouch offset to
current_bltouch_z_offset - current_z_position— So if our absolute Z position goes below zero, we want to add that difference to the existing offset.
- Set that value in
printer.cfgand save it.
- Repeat again, until
Z0is at the right position.
- Do a test print to confirm.
- Once the depth seems right, you probably want to do a